3/26/11

well fuck me running...

Hi. I just lost a really REALLY fucking long five movie review/reacquaintance blog. Now I'm borderline suicidal and resisting the urge to throw my laptop out the window.



So lets summarize if you please.

1. Ice Cream Man (1995) is a piece of shit, but Clint Howard is still awesome.

2. Uninvited (1988) is mutant killer cat movie with Clu Gulager, and I like it.

3. Leonard Part 6 (1987) (not to be confused with Pluto Nash) is one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me.
4. Pretty Poison (1968) is predictable but pleasant neo-noir with Anthony Perkins lookin' pretty foxy.

5. BOOM! (1968) starring the late Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is a misunderstood art film that never found it's audience.


I'm apart of a film related podcast now. More on that later...

Now I have to go jump off a bridge. Just kidding...see you in six months...kidding again. I'm really going to start updating this thing more.

But for tonight, I'm fucking done.

9 comments:

  1. It is, and thank you for commenting. I was really heartbroken when I wrote this last night. I'd given all five of those movies proper reviews...then *poof* it dissipated into the vapors of the cloud. Have you seen the VHS box? The back description gives away the whole movie. EVERYTHING, specifics about every characters death, the climax and even the very last frame. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I have the VHS, haha it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh, welcome back!!!
    "Ice Cream Man" (in Italy "I gusti del terrore") is quite famous because it sent many many times in a container of themed film called "Notte horror".
    If anyone here speaks of horror, it's easy to tell you: "you know that movie where there is an ice cream man..." Great Clint! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's interesting! Good to know, thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are your favorite italian weird movie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if these are considered weird, but some that I like are: Wild Wild Planet, Hercules in the Haunted World, Kriminal, the Last Shark, Watch Our We're Mad!, Satanik, the Human Factor, Conquest ...I'm sure there are loads more but that's all that comes to mind right now. What are yours? Any to reccomend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mario Bava, Antonio Margheriti, Castellari... O_O WOW, you have my respect!!!
    Indeed it is difficult to recommend ... I can think of: Renato Polselli, Rino Di Silvestro, Alberto Cavallone... See if you can find something of these, each title is well representative of their style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to get into Renato Polselli. I've been really wanting to see the out of print Vampire and the Ballerina, also I have a copy of Delerium laying around my massive stack of movies-to-review. Haven't seen any Rino Di Silvestro or Alberto Cavallone either, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete